Navigation ---

Tuesday, May 25, 2010

So, Blogging?

Sure, I guess. I mean it couldn't hurt to give it a shot again. Not that I really expect anyone to read this. I have this issue with writing things down though. Most of the time I think "Oh gee, this is something I would like to write about" but when I get the chance to sit down and do it, I just decided not to. I don't know if maybe it's because I don't want to be judged, or I have a fear of being silly. Or maybe it's just that I really don't want to write anything (call me lazy, uncreative or what you will.)

Perhaps I have a fear that I will come back to this blog years from now and I will wind up being the one to pass judgment on myself. I can remember going back and reading journals of mine from the early teen years only to feel stupid, uneducated and ashamed (and a bit confused!) at the way I wrote things and sometimes even the things I wrote about.

Something tells me though that this - this outlet - is what I need. So here lies a blog of mine and only time will tell if it will serve it's purpose or wind up lying dormant like so many others I have tried to make before.

A note though, Instead of having one blog for everything, I am going to link my Bloggers and have different ones for different purposes. I have one for Coffee and one for Books and I plan to start one for flash fiction/writing samples/anything artsy. And this one here, that you are currently reading (or more likely ignoring) will serve as my everything else. :D

1 comment:

  1. I've looked at my teenage journals as well, and have felt the same things that you had about how I used to be. But that's the best part, passing judgement on a younger version of yourself just confirms how much you have grown and how much you've learned, dont you see? :)

    ReplyDelete